Tuesday, October 13, 2015
I have created new projects in Android Studio, but have yet to migrate an Eclipse app project to Android Studio. This documents what I did to get a clean build after importing the project from Eclipse following these instructions.
First I made sure that my Eclipse project ran and debugged successfully to my Galaxy Tab 2.
Then I moved the project to a separate Workspace folder
Firing up Android Studio, I imported the Eclipse project from the duplicate folder
Of course there were tons of errors
Mostly due to invalid imports and their methods in the source code.
For example: import org.apache.http.client.*
My eclipse project used imported external Jars
So I went outside Android Studio into Windows file manager or explorer and created a "libs" folder inside the "app" directory.
I copied my external Jars to the "libs" folder and then edited the build.gradle file like so:
compile files ('libs/acra-4.2.3.jar')
compile files ('libs/httpmime-4.1.1.jar')
Other errors involved encoding
So I also added the following to the build.gradle file
Now the errors disappeared.
However, I also did a bunch of other fiddling around, so I don't know what actually fixed the errors.
Just so you know.
Now the fun begins with a Run Debug to the actual Galaxy Tablet, so stay tuned.
By the way, the Eclipse project was no slouch. This is the production app on Google Play: WAR.
Posted by s33me at 9:19 PM