First we store the IP address as the new user id is created:
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Compaq Presario CQ60 slow in starting and then shuts down with the BSOD.
- 1. Restart into Safe Mode with pf8 key depressed.
- 2. Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer
- 3. The Windows system event log showed that there was a bug at start up.
- It looked like some low level running service or program was doing something it should not be doing.
- 4. Control Panel | Programs and Features | Sort programs by install date | Uninstall recently added programs until
- the BSOD goes away.
- 5. Restarted in normal mode and saw that Norton 360 was trying to install itself right before the next
- 6. Restart in safe mode and download the
- Run the Norton uninstaller tool.
- 7. Run msconfig to limit the start up of non-essential, non-Microsoft programs.
- 8. Run CCleaner and erase Windows event logs, as well as, junk.
- 10. Encourage the use of a password on the main user account.
- 11. Do not install an AntiVirus. Do not believe the hype.
- 12. If you must install an AntiVirus, then go with
Posted by s33me at 11:42 PM