- Power on while tapping F8, but no back up to restore
- Power on with F2 or F12 for BIOS set up
- Change boot order: 1.CD, 2. USB, 3. HD
- Power on with hiren boot USB.
- Copied bootmgr from D to C, but still locked out on restart.
- Use hiren's Windows mini XP to back up user data.
- Power on while tapping F10 and wipe C: to original factory.
- Advise user not to surf internet as administrator.
Friday, June 6, 2014
ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus
Sony VAIO came into shop with the Windows Vista desktop blocked by a fraudulent screen requesting ransom. Here's what I did to the customer's satisfaction.