Widespread Augmented Reality

Widespread Augmented Reality
Click on the image to get the Android Augmented Reality Heads up Display

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Android Studio Not Starting

This is the first post of many to come documenting my progress on upgrading the app Widespread Augmented Reality.

Now that I am the number 45 Travel and Local app in Pakistan with a combined 20K+ downloads worldwide, I am upgrading from Google Maps API v1 to v2. Long time coming, but why fix it if it's not broken? But alas, members of the W.A.R. party deserve better.

First, a little history.

2012 - Developed with Eclipse on an Acer Netbook, 1GB RAM.
2015 - Migrated to Android Studio on an Acer Tablet, 2GB RAM.
2016 - Somehow broke my Android Studio installation while adjusting settings to work around heap size.

Determined that JAVA_HOME in environment variables is still correct, but Android Studio still not starting. Here is what I did to correct that.

Delete everything having to do with Android Studio, except my projects.
Delete everything having to do with Java
Download and install latest Java
Download and install latest Android Studio

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment