Widespread Augmented Reality

Widespread Augmented Reality
Click on the image to get the Android Augmented Reality Heads up Display

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Trying to get Android / Kali Net Hunter to Recognize a USB Wifi Adapter

First of all, apt-get update is not working against what is in the /data/local/nhsystem/kali-armhf/etc/apt/sources.list. I got rid of everything in there and added deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib
The apt-get update now returns an error on expired keys. To resolve this, I opened a command line in Kali and typed: apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 7D8D0BF6
After editing sources.list, I ran the following one at a time and in this order: apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, apt-get dist-upgrade, apt-get install kali-linux-nethunter Here is the source of this nugget: Kali forums.
I picked up a $10.00 TL-WN725N USB WiFi adapter from Office Depot. Through Google, I discovered that the chipset is rtl8192cu.
Now I will follow askUbuntu on how to install the driver. Also following pvaret on GitHub

No comments:

Post a Comment