Widespread Augmented Reality

Widespread Augmented Reality
Click on the image to get the Android Augmented Reality Heads up Display

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Whistler TRX-1 Digital Scanner

For the past two years, I have been using a linux pc, CubicSDR and a dipole wire antenna to monitor police frequencies in Los Angeles. But since RFK Jr. was scheduled for an appearance about a mile away, I decided to dust off an actual hard wired scanner, which then made me realize that the software inside was probably out of date. Therefore, I downloaded TRX-1Install_3.45.0.700 from https://whistlergroup.com/pages/trx-1-downloads-1

  • Turn off scanner and plug into PC via the USB cable.
  • Double click the TRX-1Install file
  • Open the application: Whistler TRX-1 Handheld Digital Scanner Progamming System
  • This is also called EZ Scan software in the hard copy manual
  • Let the North American CPU firware update take place
  • Update libraries
  • Hopefully everything still works after unplugging the scanner
  • If not, hopefully I still have a back up of the SD card
  • I am sure there are earlier posts on this blog that address this
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment