Widespread Augmented Reality

Widespread Augmented Reality
Click on the image to get the Android Augmented Reality Heads up Display

Friday, March 11, 2016

XAMPP and Bootstrap

After successfully installing an Apache server on your rig (see previous post), now install some webpage templates via Bootstrap

Here is how I did

At first blush, Bootstrap looks like a directory structure that can be copied into c:/xampp/htdocs (this is where I installed XAMPP). So I just downloaded the source code files, unzipped and moved to the c:/xampp/htdocs directory. Did this work right out of the box? No.
That is because, I copied the standard "Hello World" html from Bootstrap into a file called bs1.html and typed

 http://localhost/bs1.html
into the browser.
Viewing source and debugging, I found that certain files in the directory were not found, so I just moved them to where the HTML expected them to be.
Kind of clunky, no?
Yes, so I installed
  • node.js
  • bower
  • and
  • git.
  • To be safe, I navigated to the
    c:/xampp/htdocs
    directory before installing.
    Then I ran
    bower install bootstrap
    from inside the
    c:/xampp/htdocs
    directory.
    Now after studying the directory, I found that
    http://localhost/docs/examples/jumbotron-narrow/index.html
    opens up a nice little template.
    How is using Bootstrap any different then just modifying CSS files? I do not yet know. More may be revealed.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment