1. Buy lowering links from Witch Doctors
2. Buy a lowered kick stand.
3. Watch You Tube Video
4. Get your self a proper jack. Here is what I got from Harbor Freight.
5. Remember that once the suspension is lowered, you may not be able to pull the jack out, so an extra car tire jack might help create the necessary gap.
6. Probably a good idea to secure the front wheel by keeping the handle bar break lever closed, so the bike does not roll. See image below.
7. Also remember steel toed boots just in case, because you are messing with a 900 pound vehicle.
8. By myself, this took 6+ hours, much of it spent slowly struggling and pounding coffee.