Widespread Augmented Reality

Widespread Augmented Reality
Click on the image to get the Android Augmented Reality Heads up Display

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Adding GPS to the Kindle Fire HD 6 inch Tablet

I purchased the GlobalSat ND-105C Micro USB GPS Receiver from Amazon.
Then I thought I made a mistake until I did the following.
  • Enabled mock locations under Developer Options in the settings.
  • Checked on install third party apps under Developer Options
  • Downloaded You Are Here from outside Google Play and Amazon market, because it will not show as available for the Kindle Fire (no native GPS).
  • Installed and connected You Are Here to the plugged in USB GPS receiver.
  • Fired up Google Maps and confirmed my current location.
  • Still testing to see if TetherGPS is necessary.

  • I am concerned that the Kindle Fire does not have a USB powered port, but You Are Here is getting coordinates anyway. I just need to see if it's getting coordinates from the GPS dongle. I could use USB OTG apps to analyze the port.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment