Widespread Augmented Reality

Widespread Augmented Reality
Click on the image to get the Android Augmented Reality Heads up Display

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Kali Linux Building GNURadio from Source to Possibly Enhance Performance

This is where I keep notes to remind me of what I am doing, because I tend to rush through solutions and forget what I did just 2 minutes ago,

Turns out that pybind may be important later on when studying GSM signals.
Found out that I cannot simply do a "pip install pybind11", because only C header files are downloaded with no cmake configuration.
So build from source:
git clone https://github.com/pybind/pybind11
cd pybind11
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
sudo make install
Somewhere in the above process I got an error on pytest.
So, pip3 install pytest
Then, export PATH=$PATH:/home/mya55/.local/bin , which happens to be where pytest landed.
Then, continue with cmake .. , sudo make install. (SUDO because may not have write access on target directories.)
Now follow instructions starting at the section Installing Volk. https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/InstallingGR#Step_2:_Installing_Volk

During make, got "cannot find -lgsl::gsl", so
sudo apt-get install libgsl-dev.
Then start over with
sudo cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3 ../

Now what's messed up is that I also ran
sudo apt-get install gnuradio
to see what would happen.
Now there is a /bin/gnuradio-companion and
/usr/bin/gnuradio-companion and
/usr/local/bin/gnuradio-companion
The shell execution path is /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
For now, I will leave things alone, because simply typing "gnuradio-companion" on the first shell prompt works.
Now I will test the HackRF One's ability to detect GSM signals coming from my own phone. See https://osmocom.org/projects/gr-gsm/wiki/Installation

No comments:

Post a Comment