Widespread Augmented Reality

Widespread Augmented Reality
Click on the image to get the Android Augmented Reality Heads up Display

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Kali Linux Virtual Box and the AWUS1900 USB WiFi Adapter

This is a continuation of the previous post.  Now that WiFi is enabled in the Kali Linux virtual machine.  I have to log out, shutdown the machine and then plug in the AWUS1900 into the Windows host with the appropriate driver already installed from https://store.rokland.com/pages/rokland-technologies-support..

After Windows recognizes the AWUS1900 adapter,  I return to the Virtual Box setting for USB and add a USB 3.0 controller for "Realtek 80211ac NIC".

Then I unplug the WiFi Adapter and start the Kali Linux Virtual machine.

Inside the Kali Linux Virtual machine I open a browser and follow  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81bWw7VOlVA&feature=youtu.be to install the AWUS1900 Linux Drivers.

Then I plug back in the AWUS1900 WiFi adapter and after left clicking the network connection icon at the top of the Kali desktop screen, I see available networks.

Hallelujah, sweet Mary, mother of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment