Widespread Augmented Reality

Widespread Augmented Reality
Click on the image to get the Android Augmented Reality Heads up Display

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Kali Linux Virtual Box Enable Wireless Interface

After installing the virtual machine: "VirtualBox-6.1.10-138449-Win.exe" and the extension for it: "Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.1.12.vbox-extpack", I imported the appliance: "kali-linux-2020.2a-vbox-amd64.ova" and discovered that when right clicking on the network icon in the top right corner of the the Kali desktop there was no option for "Enable WiFi".

I followed the instructions at https://thetechrim.com/fix-wireless-drivers-problem-in-kali-linux2020/.

The only difference is that I used "sudo make unload" and "sudo make load".

Now I will see if I can get the Kali Linux virtual machine to recognize the USB Wifi adapter.

PS: I also saved a copy of the necessary files at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TyZSLGacFpv2GxpUwQ1GAShIUqi6IDPg/view?usp=sharing


No comments:

Post a Comment